5 Podcasts Every Millennial Should Listen To
22nd September 2016
By: Phyllis Langley
With all the time we spend on the internet and social media these days, it's hard to find (and make) the time to read. This past summer I decided to take the plunge into the exciting world of podcasts and they have unexpectedly replaced music during daily commutes and weekend roadtrips. Whether you're looking for entertainment or you're curious to learn something new - listen up!
1. Millennial - This was actually the first podcast that I encountered and starting listening to. Megan Tan shares the roller coaster of graduating from college during a historic economic downturn. It's fairly new (January 2015) and you'll find yourself beaming every time she discusses the revelations that occur in her daily life.
2. Smart People Podcast - Jon & Chris not only have great personalities, but they hold very stimulating interviews with a diverse list of successful guests.
3. This American Life - This podcast has become known to be highly addictive and insightful. The conversations are broken up to give you enough time to digest what is being said and the interviews conducted are creative and entertaining.
4. TED Radio Hour - This is a great way to learn about exciting disruptions in the startup world. You get to listen to the top business leaders from various fields and what they're doing to impact the world with their ideas.
5. The Tim Ferriss Show - I saved the best for last (in my opinion). I read Tim's book, The 4-Hour Body, in college and it entirely changed the way think about food and nutrition. Once I started listening to his podcast series, I couldn't stop. Every episode is incredibly informative and thought provoking. My all time favorite is #100: Brene Brown on Vulnerability & Home Run TED Talks.
What podcasts do you find inspiring? We would love to know!
Work small, dream big,